Friday, July 18, 2008

I've been climbing mountains and putting a lot of good, hard miles on the bike. Cody is getting better every day. I think he's still adjusting to "life on the outside." It's probably hard to readjust to being a "real" dog after spending two and a half months in a cage with another dog for twenty-three hours a day. He's great, though, and I can't wait to get him back to Pittsburgh to meet you. I'll be leaving here relatively soon. It's not that I want to go now -- I had originally planned to leave on August fifteenth -- but I think it's better to go prematurely so I don't get sick of it. I don't want to leave with a bad taste in my mouth. I love this place and I want to come back some day, but I don't want, nor need, to stay now. I don't miss Pittsburgh much, either, though, but it's home. I've come to terms with the fact that my friends lie within my interests and my interests lie within my friends. Bikes, music, drinking habits, girls. It's comfortable and true.

No comments: