Sunday, November 6, 2011

Canadians/Comedians ...

Living in an almost-border town, Canadians consistently double our population on the weekends. They come here to avoid the commie Canadian taxes, buy electronics at the Best Buy in Kalis-hell, and drink their faces off. They come in tuques -- not wool caps or knit hats. Locally chided as "Comedians," Canadians are despised by everyone but the business-owners. I'm often reminded how I "wouldn't be here" if it wasn't for the Canadians supporting our economy. I live in Whitefish, but I'm a teacher -- I'm in it, but I'm not a part of it. I can't come up with a valid reason why I'm as reactionary as the rest, though. It's bullshit, really. This summer a Canadian in a Hummer (license plate "HUMMMER"), probably drunk, ran a stop sign in the middle of town. I yelled at her, "Stop at stop signs!" She yelled back, "Fuck you!" When I told this story, the frequent reaction was to lump the Canadian nation together, all five Providences Hummer-driving-drunk-drivers. Sort of stupid, ay?

No comments: